POSITION TITLE………….…: Business Outreach Assistant (Part-time)
WAGES………………………...: to be determined
The Business Outreach Assistant is a supervised position supporting business outreach and economic development efforts. Primary functions focus on general clerical and outreach duties, including telephoning companies, copying and scanning, typing, database entry, filing of correspondence and reports in support of the functions of economic development functions.
1. Administrative tasks – answering phone calls, sorting mail, etc.
2. Scanning and organizing files
3. Conducting business retention outreach to schedule meetings and compile data
4. Making copies and preparing direct mailings
5. Assist with physical execution of special events as needed, including meetings outside of offices which may require travel within the parish
6. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Familiarity with modern office equipment and computer equipment.
2. Familiarity with common word processing and spreadsheet software used on personal computers such as Word and Excel
3. Telephone etiquette and calling skills.
4. Resident of Terrebonne, Lafourche or Assumption Parish.
5. Must be age 18 or older.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Enrollment in higher-education in business, economics or other relevant field of study.
3. Little to no formal employment experience preferred.
Katherine Gilbert-Theriot, Director of Business Retention & Expansion
Terrebonne Economic Development Authority